The Foundation Business Programme is designed to provide students with an understanding of key business subjects. In addition, the programme is aimed at assisting students in improving their interpersonal skills and business competences. Where agreed, an internship placement can be arranged at the end of the study period.
This programme is ideal for students who:
- Are taking a gap year and would like to learn about business before they formally join College.
- Are looking to gain credits to enhance their second level qualification so they meet the requirements to join our Bachelor (Honours) in Business Studies degree.
- Would like to experience studying business at college before they commit to a three year Bachelor programme.
Students study five subjects that combine business with personal and professional development. Each subject is taught in a series of interactive seminars lead by experienced lecturers who have both an academic and professional background. The theory is brought alive through guest lectures, industry mentors and industrial visits. Classes are capped at 20 students and the language of instruction is English. Intakes happen twice a year and run from September to January or February to May (Summer terms may also be possible depending on numbers). On successful completion students receive academic credits.
- Students who apply for this programme must have a recognised high school leaving certificate, for example a High School Diploma, IBCP or Realschulabschluss (Mittlere Reife).
- Evidence of English language abilities must be provided (either through a recognised test or at one of our interactive workshops).
- All students who apply for this programme are required to undertake a Golden Ticket Weekend assessment programme or equivalent interactive workshop (please contact for more information).
- In certain circumstances students who have not successfully completed a second level qualification may be accepted (for example mature students who are over 23 years of age).
This academic study programme is accredited by Pearson. Pearson is the UK's largest awarding body and is regulated by Ofqual (England), SQA Accreditation (Scotland), CCEA Accreditation (Northern Ireland) and Qualifications Wales (Wales). They offer academic and vocational qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI. Their vocational qualifications include Edexcel NVQ and BTEC from entry level to Higher National Diplomas. BTECs are recognised in more than 70 countries worldwide, and in 2013/2014, 2.58 million learners registered for BTECs and other vocational qualifications, including 640,000 school registrations for BTEC Firsts and Nationals.
The fees for the Foundation Business Programme are 8,000 Euros plus 380 Euros application fee (fees are reduced where students choose to take fewer courses).
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application form (see the Apply Now button) or contact for an individual consultation and further details on the admissions process.
On successful completion of this programme (and where agreed), students can progress and complete their Higher National Diploma qualification at Globe College (which is achieved over three additional terms). Alternatively (and where agreed), students can use the credits achieved on this programme to gain entry to the BA (Hons) in Business Studies degree at Globe College or they can transfer the credits to other third level institutions who accept same. In this instance, students join the first term of the degree at Globe College but may be given advanced entry at other institutions.